Welcome. Bienvenue. Willkommen. Benvenuto. Recepcin.
Pitt-Bradford is a regional campus of the University of Pittsburgh, a public research university serving Pennsylvania as well as the world. We have a diverse community of students, faculty, and staff and have students from many different countries, backgrounds and experiences.
Some students come to our campus and stay for all four years because they prefer smaller classes and feel comfortable being a part of our diverse, inclusive and welcoming campus community. As Pitt-Bradford students, they also have access to the vast resources of the University of Pittsburgh.
Others spend their first two years on our campus and transfer to another Pitt campus for their remaining two years. The vast majority of our majors can be completed this way.
Regardless of campus location, all degrees are conferred by the University of Pittsburgh, which is recognized by the Chinese Ministry of Education. All diplomas are signed by the university’s chancellor, provost and chairman of the Board of Directors.
At Pitt-Bradford, you will:
- Choose from more than 40 majors, including business management, biology, mathematics, pre-medicine and petroleum technology
- Sit in smaller classes, so you’ll get personalized attention
- Get to know your professors, who will be your teachers and your mentors
- Have access to many academic resources available if you need extra help
- Be able to participate in a wide range of activities, from student clubs and organizations to athletics and recreational and intramural sporting events
- Earn a degree from the University of Pittsburgh, which is recognized all over the globe
- Be part of a university that has been recognized by The Princeton Review as one of the Best Colleges in the Northeast for 18 consecutive years
Scholarship for International Students
If you are an international student (non-U.S. citizen) and plan to live on campus, you may be eligible to receive a $9,612 Panther Room and Board Scholarship for International Students, which will cover all costs associated with our average double-room occupancy and average meal plan (260 meals/10 guest meals.) The award is renewable each year for four years as long as you maintain eligibility.
For full-time international students living on campus, you may be eligible for an annual Room and Board Scholarship if you:
- Are a new, admitted freshman
- Have a secondary school cumulative high school GPA of at least 2.5 (U.S. equivalent)
- Have a minimum TOEFL score of 100+ or IELTS score of 6.50+ or Duolingo score of 120+ (unless English is one of the first languages in your home country)
- Have a combine\d SAT Math and ERW (Evidence-Based Reading and Writing) score of at least 1030 or an ACT composite score of 20
- Are a new, admitted freshman
- Have a secondary school cumulative High School GPA of at least 3.0 (US Equivalent)
- English is one of the first languages in your home country (SAT/ACT test scores are optional until Spring 2024)
If you are transferring from another international institution, you may be eligible if you:
- Apply as a full-time student
- Show proof of high school graduation (complete with graduation date)
- Have an overall GPA from all other post-secondary institutions attended of at least 2.50 (US equivalent)
- Have earned at least 24 credits
- Have an overall TOEFL score of at least 100
For more information or if you have questions - please complete our International Students Information Request form. You can also apply to our campus and enjoy all the benefits of a University of Pittsburgh education.