How to Apply for Aid

Step 1. Apply for admission.
You cannot be awarded financial aid until you are admitted, so we suggest that you apply for admission early.

Step 2. Complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid form called the FAFSA.

You will need a FSA ID issued by the Department of Education to electronically sign your FAFSA. You can apply for one or get a duplicate at If you are a dependent student for financial aid purposes, your parent also will need a FSA ID to electronically sign your FAFSA.

Pitt-Bradford's federal school code is 008815; it comes up as University of Pittsburgh. The priority filing deadline is March 1 for all students.

Here is a video to help you.

Once you complete the FAFSA:

Your information will automatically be sent to the American Education Services (AES)/Pennsylvania Higher Education Assistance Agency (PHEAA) if you're a PA resident. AES/PHEAA will then consider you for a state grant.

If you live in another state, you should check the Education Resource Organizations Directory to see if your state provides grant assistance.

You will also be considered for a Federal Direct Student Loan. If you are eligible, you will receive an award letter.

Read more about Federal Direct Student Loans and other types of loans.

If you have any questions, please feel free to call us in the Financial Aid Office at 814-362-7550. We're here to help.